Thursday, October 13, 2022

Blog Journal #7

    The school website that I visited was the Chiles High School website. The information that I see the teachers including on their class pages include their name, phone number, email, and degree typically under a section titled about the teacher. Something else that I see that teachers include in their pages are student resources through links. Lastly, I also notice that teachers include an announcements section on their pages. The following is the link to the chiles website: https://www.leonschools.net/Page/6971. I have also attached a screenshot of a teacher page I found on the Chiles website for reference below.

I think that when I become a teacher I can benefit from using technology to accomplish my professional responsibilities more efficiently and effectively. One specific teacher productivity tool that I plan to use is Google Calendar on my laptop to keep track of important dates such as PTO night, school festival, breaks, etc. Another teacher productivity tool that I would plan to use is the reminder feature on my iphone so that I can schedule reminders for when I might need to do some preparation the night before for a lesson such as printing some worksheets ahead of time. The final productivity tool that I would plan to use when I become a teacher is the timer feature on my phone or laptop to help me set goals for completing tasks. For example, setting a 35 minute timer to grade the math homework assigned to students. 

Recently, we had to use canvas to complete our Assignment 2. I liked that Canvas was overall easy for me to use. At first I was unsure if I was going to be able to get the hang of it, but once I started clicking on things and experimenting with the tools available on Canvas, I was able to easily get used to it. Everything from creating the pages, tables, and inserting links became pretty intuitive to me quickly. There was nothing that I disliked about the platform. I see my future self using Canvas with my future students as a sort of virtual classroom or workspace that includes announcements, homework assignments, helpful links, etc just like we currently use canvas here at FSU as college students. Canvas could be helpful for bridging the gap between learning at school and at home. I also know that some K-12 schools such as my high school have already been implementing Canvas ever since the pandemic to help students and teachers transition to virtual learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Journal #1

Blog Journal #9

          I have experienced distance learning both synchronously and asynchronously. Before the pandemic began, I participated in distance ...