Thursday, October 13, 2022

Blog Post #6

    Recently, we have started using Diigo in class. One thing that I enjoyed about Diigo is that it allows users to annotate websites by highlighting and adding notes. This is something that I did not think was possible to do, so when I learned that it was something that I could do with Diigo I was pleasantly surprised. Another thing that I enjoyed about Diigo is that users can view all the websites that they have bookmarked on the Diigo website and that you can even share the bookmarked websites with others. One thing that I did not like about Diigo was that I could not use it on the web browser Safari so I had to download Google Chrome. 

Over the course of this class, we have been consistently blogging. One thing that I like about blogging is that it is like a journal where I can keep track of what I have been learning in class and other personal thoughts about the class content. Another thing that I like about blogging is that the blog will be saved on the internet forever unless I decide to take it down. Therefore, when many years have passed and I graduate from Florida State I can look back at the blog to reflect or reminisce on my time in this course. I cannot think of anything that I do not like about blogging so far. Before I took this class I had already had some experience with blogging because I had to create a blog for a project when I was in the sixth grade on blogger. That is why the blogging felt pretty familiar to me. However, I have learned something new about the blogging process which is that blogging is not all about the text. It is also important to make the blog more appealing and interactive through features such as images, links, twitter gadgets, etc. Otherwise, the blog might be a little too static and slightly resemble past Web 1.0 websites. 

Lastly, I would like to write about Kahoot, a Web 2.0 tool that I would like to use when I begin teaching. Kahoot is a website that allows users to create a set of questions and then make them into a game that multiple players can play. As a teacher, I can use Kahoot as a fun way for students to review the information we have learned in class. I have experienced using Kahoot from the student perspective in high school so I know that it is a good way to engage students. Therefore, I would recommend using this Web 2.0 tool to other teachers. The following is a link to the Kahoot website: https://kahoot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Journal #1

Blog Journal #9

          I have experienced distance learning both synchronously and asynchronously. Before the pandemic began, I participated in distance ...