Thursday, September 15, 2022

Blog Journal #3

    Copyright is when a work has legal protection and exclusive rights for its owner. Fair use is a way of deciding if a copyright protected work is being legally used. There are four factors used to determine fair use which are purpose of use, nature of work, amount used, and effect on market. When I become a teacher, I will deal with those two concepts when developing my own work because I might be referencing copyrighted works to make a derivative or I might be directly incorporating a work into my lesson. In those cases, I need to make sure that I am fairly using any resources. I might also deal with these two concepts when my students are creating their own work because they might also end up in a situation where they are referencing a copyrighted work. In that case, I need to teach my students that for some works you need to ask for permission to use if they do not meet the fair use requirements. 

The two technology implementation issues that I would like to discuss are academic dishonesty and lack of funding. Firstly, now more than ever academic dishonesty is more common because of the amount of fast and accessible information available on the internet. In my future classroom, I would take the following precautions during tests to prevent academic dishonesty in my classroom: students will take paper tests, turn in their phones, and put up paper folders. Secondly, technology can also be expensive so not all schools can afford to incorporate technology due to lack of funding. In my future teaching career, I would talk to the parents and other school staff to help me create fundraisers throughout the school year to raise money for technology. 

From the newsletter assignment, I learned a lot of cool features that help me make a page visually appealing. One of those features is the two column layout tool, word art tool, and the shape tool for creating a permission slip. I think I can improve my newsletters in the future by being more original and creative with the theme. I think that the skills that I learned from this assignment can be used in my future newsletters when I am actually a teacher. In fact, I can make this newsletter into a template to allow me to make newsletters more quickly in the future.


                                  

                                   

Images of my blog. Click on the image for better quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Journal #1

Blog Journal #9

          I have experienced distance learning both synchronously and asynchronously. Before the pandemic began, I participated in distance ...